Sweet Potatoes with Warm Black Bean SaladPosted by lburbach on May 2, 2017 in Health Blog, Recipes | 0 comments
Makes: 2-4 servings
Active Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Slice sweet potatoes into 1⁄2 inch cubes. Place in a pot of water with a vegetable steamer and cover. Let steam for about 5-8 minutes or until a fork easily enters into a sweet potato cube.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine beans, tomatoes, oil, cumin, coriander and salt; heat in a small saucepan over medium heat until tender and mixed (about 3-4 minutes).
3. Place cubes of sweet potatoes on the bottom of a plate or bowl, and top with bean mixture. Dollop with Greek yogurt and fresh cilantro.