Makes: 2-4 serving
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 4 tablespoons curry powder
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 14.5 ounce can fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped butternut squash
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 2 ½ cups dry lentils (any color)
- sea salt
1. Heat the oil in a large pot and sauté the onion, garlic and celery for about 3 minutes.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and bring the mixture to a boil.
3. Simmer for about 15 minutes. Be careful not to overcook; the vegetables should stay a little firm so they maintain more of their nutrients.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.