Black Bean Salmon TostadasPosted by lburbach on Dec 20, 2016 in Health Blog, Uncategorized | 0 comments
Each Month our Newsletter features a recipe and tips. In December’s Newsletter we discussed Traffic Light Eating, what it is and how it can help you have a more healthy outlook regarding food. For more recipes visit the blog.
To sign up for the newsletter fill out the form below. Missed December’s Newsletter? Catch it here.
Black Bean & Salmon Tostadas
Makes: 4 servings, 2 tostadas each
Active Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas
- avocado oil
- 1 6-to 7-ounce can boneless, skinless wild caught salmon, dried
- 1 avocado, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced pickled jalapenos, plus 2 tablespoons pickling juice from the jar, divided
- 2 cups of shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- lime wedges (optional)
1. Preheat to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Coat the tortillas on both sides with olive oil and place on baking sheets. Bake the tortillas in the oven, turning once until light brown.
3. Combine the salmon, avocado and jalapenos in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the cabbage, cilantro and pickling juice.
4. In a food processor, combine and process the black beans, sour cream, salsa and scallions until smooth. Transfer to a microwave-safe bowl, cover and heat on high until hot (about 2 minutes).
5. To assemble the tostadas, spread each tortilla with some bean mixture and salmon mixture. Top with the cabbage salad and serve with the lime wedges, if desired.